Indoor Air Quality
Even the cleanest homes have air quality issues. There’s now a solution for those consumers looking to provide their family with cleaner air – the American Standard AccuClean Whole House Air Filtration System.
- Today’s homes are better insulated and more tightly sealed. This is great from an energy standpoint, but it also means that humidity, dust and indoor pollutants are being sealed inside your home.
- According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 50 percent of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by poor indoor air quality.
- In one year, more than 40 pounds of dirt and dust can accumulate in a typical American home.
- With American Standard AccuClean, the majority of irritating particles like dust, pollen, pet hair and dander, lint, cooking smoke and even bacteria are removed from the air it heats or cools.
The new American Standard AccuClean Whole House Air Filtration System helps families breathe easier and feel more comfortable in their homes by removing up to 99.98 percent of airborne particles and allergens from the air it heats or cools.
- Most consumers think that their existing heating and cooling system is cleaning the air of these pollutants and allergens. But, the typical 1-inch throwaway filter that comes with most systems is designed only to prevent large particles from damaging the equipment, versus cleaning the air.
- The new American Standard AccuClean could help reduce asthma and allergy triggers, allowing you and your loved ones to breathe easier.
- American Standard AccuClean filters more clean air than traditional systems, thus providing the ones you care about with significantly cleaner, healthier air so that they can relax and breathe more easily.
- American Standard AccuClean filters the air in a three-step process:
- The air in your home circulates through your heating or cooling system, carrying millions of airborne particles through the ductwork. As the air goes through the pre-filter, it traps the majority of the large particles.
- Then, the air is passed through many small electrical fields, where each particle receives an electric charge.
- Then, the charged particles are sent through a filter that traps particles down to 0.3 microns in size. This is the size at which allergens can get deep into your lungs because they aren’t being filtered by your nose and throat. The American Standard AccuClean filter is specially designed to be reusable. The filter can be easily cleaned by vacuuming or washing it. The American Standard AccuClean whole house air filtration system costs around $1400 installed.
American Standard AccuClean removes particles and allergens from the air your family breathes – including dust, pet dander, pollen, bacteria and cooking and tobacco smoke.
- American Standard AccuClean is eight times more effective than even the best HEPA room appliance and 100 times more effective than a standard 1” throwaway filter or ionic-type room appliance.
- The average person takes 20,000 breaths per day of air that can contain particles and allergens. For children this number doubles, making them especially sensitive to air quality problems.
- American Standard AccuClean is currently available for residential applications since this is where the biggest need is. But, American Standard is looking into what other needs there might be in the marketplace.